Dear Howell High School Parents/Guardians of Fall Athletes,
Please know that in accordance with the New Jersey Department of Education and the NJSIAA, Howell High School will be offering optional Summer Workouts beginning Monday, August 11, 2020 for the following fall sports listed:
(Football/Girls Soccer/Field Hockey)...If you are on one of these teams and you haven't started summer workouts, and would like to, please contact Mr. Meehan at 732-919-213 x4011
- Registration is required for athletes who wish to participate in Summer Workouts. The registration will be available beginning on Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 10am via the Genesis Parent Portal. · To register your student/athlete, log into, Genesis Parent Portal, go to FORMS, click on Summer Workout COVID-19 Questionnaire form and complete/submit this form. A physical is not required at this time for summer workouts.
- IMPORTANT: The Summer Workout COVID-19 Questionnaire, which includes new mandatory COVID-19 questions, must be completed before August 4, 2020, seven days prior to the start of workout as per NJDOE and NJSIAA rules. If you are late filing out this form, your child will not be able to workout on August 11th.
Students/Athletes with Pre-Existing Medical Conditions:
If the following is applicable to your child, the athletic trainer Mrs. Ghione and the school nurses Mrs. Healy and Mrs. Eccleston will need to know by August 4, 2020. Please use this form: Summer Workout: COVID-19 Medical Clearance for Sports Participation and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student-athletes who have pre-existing medical conditions and/or are immunocompromised (e.g., diabetes, asthma, auto-immune disorders, etc.) shall provide clearance from a physician before he/she will be permitted to participate in workouts.
- Student-athletes who presently have COVID-19, or who have tested positive for COVID-19, shall provide clearance from a physician before he/she will be permitted to participate in workouts.
- Any medical questions can be directed to the (school nurses/trainer), Tainer email@example.com School Nurses firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- If you have any questions about workouts, please contact the head coach directly. · If you have questions about using the Genesis Parent Portal, please see our Frequently Asked Questions. Email questions or problems to Technology@frhsd.com.
Summer Workout Procedures:
- Student athletes must arrive to school accompanied by a parent/guardian and remain in the car with their face covering/mask on. PLEASE! NO CAR POOLING!
- Vehicles will enter the campus through the Southard Ave entrance between the tennis courts and the varsity stadium.
- While in their vehicle, a school faculty member will take their temperature with a scanning thermometer.
o If the student’s temperature is below 100.4 degrees, the student will be directed to exit the vehicle.
o If the student’s temperature is at 100.4 or above, the parent will be directed to take the student home and seek medical attention. The student cannot participate in the Summer Workouts.
- All Vehicles will exit the campus near the softball fields. · After exiting their vehicle, the student will hand the COVID-19 Daily Pre-Screening Questions directly to their (COACH,TRAINER, NURSE or Admin Screener) each day. This must be printed and completed prior to each workout.
- Students will be expected to wear masks/face coverings when not participating in the physical workout.
- Students will be required to abide by social distancing guidelines and remain at least 6 feet away from other participants.
- The school building including the locker rooms WILL NOT be accessible to any student athletes as they will be required to remain outdoors.
- Students should bring adequate water to the workouts. Any athlete that does not arrive with an adequate amount of water WILL NOT participate and will be asked to exit the campus.
- PICK UP All athletes will be picked up in the senior parking lot which is accessible from Cr 524 or Preventorium Rd near the Howell Park Golf Course.
Daily Pre-Screening Questions: Parents and athletes will be required to complete COVID-19 Daily Pre-Screening Questions each day prior to arriving for Summer workouts. This form should be handed to the coach prior to starting the workout.
The Summer Workouts are subject to change pending any updated guidance.
Supervisor of Extra-Curricular Activities
Howell High School