The Law Enforcement and Public Service Magnet Program seniors at Manalapan High School had a special early graduation ceremony on June 7, 2022.
Twenty-two students are graduating from the program this year. The special ceremony highlighted all they have accomplished over the last four years in the program. Of the graduates, 21 will attend college this fall while one student takes part in a gap year program to do missionary work in Haiti.
The Law Enforcement and Public Safety Magnet Program is a highly focused four-year program for students with specific interests in law enforcement, firefighting, homeland security, and first response. The program of study includes law enforcement, physical training, and forensic science. In addition, students receive training toward certification in various public safety areas, such as Red Cross First Aid and CPR, Hazmat, Incident Command, CBRNE, and FEMA specialized certifications. Skills and expanded field knowledge are gained through active participation in volunteer programs and a senior externship. Students have externed at the following organizations:
- Monmouth County Communications Building
- Fire departments of Asbury Park and Long Branch
- CentraState Medical Center
- Police departments of Manalapan and Howell
- Freehold Township Building Inspection Office, Fire Inspection
- Howell EMT/First Aid
- Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office
- Monmouth County Courthouse