The tradition of transforming downtown Freehold into a haunted hotspot resumed this year with art students from the Freehold Regional High School District decorating the windows of local businesses as a part of the annual Spooktacular Window Painting Contest on Oct. 14.
This year, Manalapan High School won first place, with Colts Neck and Marlboro High Schools coming in second and third. Honorable mentions were awarded to Colts Neck, Freehold, and Freehold Township High Schools.
The FRHSD would like to extend its thanks to Federici's Family Restaurant in Freehold for generously donating pizzas for the students’ lunch.
The winners will be presented with awards during the Nov. 18th Board of Education meeting.
The student winners were as follows:
- 1st Place Manalapan High School’s Lily Cronen and Sophia Park
- 2nd Place Colts Neck High School’s Joseph Portello and David Tuschmann
- 3rd Place Marlboro High School’s Maddie Chan
- Freehold High School’s Jillian Butch and Grace Shave
- Colts Neck High School’s Brianna Harvey and Adrian Gonzalez
- Freehold Township High School’s Daniella Nevins, Daniella Quiles, and Isabella Quiles
Photos of all the paintings can be seen below.