Governor Murphy has extended the closure of schools through the end of the 2019-2020 school year. FRHSD schools will continue with remote learning until the end of the school year.
We have been deliberate in our planning in order to ensure our teachers and students are ready to embark on this new learning model. We are committed to providing the support necessary for the continued learning of every student.
The FRHSD Remote Learning Plan outlines guidelines and expectations for students throughout this new model of instruction and will be revisited regularly as we adapt to these new circumstances. Please continue to review the plan for updates. Student assignments will be posted in each teacher’s Google Classroom. Students should check their Google Classrooms each day of remote learning and complete and submit assignments as outlined. Please contact teachers through their District email or Google Classroom with any questions or concerns.
Our administrators and faculty are available for parents to discuss concerns that you may have regarding your child during this challenging and unprecedented time. Please email the building principal to arrange for any needed assistance. Additionally, feel free to contact your child’s counselor and review our counseling resources on the Guidance and Counseling page. Do not hesitate to contact us.
FRHSD will continue to prioritize flexibility for our families while ensuring our students face no educational harm during this extended closure. Our focus continues to be assisting our students in engaging in valuable learning experiences. Teachers will continue to record grades for assignments and assessments as an academic record to inform instruction and student progress, but not to calculate the final Marking Period grade. Marking Period 4 grades will be determined per the guidelines below. These guidelines assume a long term closure and may be revisited.
- Students who actively engage in learning by completing and submitting the majority of assignments and responding to teacher feedback will receive an A for Marking Period 4. Any students with an average of an A+ in Marking Periods 1, 2, and 3 can earn an A+ for Marking Period 4. In addition, students whose Marking Period 4 grades calculate to an A+, will receive an A+, regardless of the average in the prior marking periods.
- Students who do not actively engage in learning by not completing and submitting the majority of assignments and not responding to teacher feedback will receive a D for Marking Period 4.
- Students who are unable to actively engage in learning and are unable to complete and submit the majority of assignments by the end of the marking period due to extenuating circumstances shall communicate in writing with their teachers. Where appropriate and with approval, an incomplete (I) will be assigned with the opportunity to make up work at a later date as determined by the department supervisor and principal.
Thank you for your assistance in maintaining the learning process for our students. This is a difficult time for all and we appreciate your support and flexibility. Our focus continues to be the children we serve and ensuring they have the best possible learning experience.
Resources for Remote Learning
ATTENTION ALL FRHSD STUDENTS!
The Freehold Regional High School District is making important changes to meal distribution and delivery to better accommodate our families.
Meal Delivery Update:
Beginning Monday, March 30th, student meals will be distributed by Freehold Regional buses to a bus stop near your home at a specific time. You can find the exact bus stop location and time by logging into the Parent Portal and clicking on the DOCUMENTS tab.
Meal delivery to specific bus stops at specific times will occur every Monday and Thursday until further notice. Please arrive at the bus stop 10 minutes before the specified time and anticipate waiting an additional 10 minutes in the event the bus is running late.
Meal Pickup Update:
Beginning Monday, March 30th, meal distribution will NO longer take place between 10am and 1pm.
Instead, Freehold Boro High School, located at 2 Robertsville Road, will be distributing meals on Mondays and Thursdays between the new hours of 5pm and 7pm.
If you have questions about meal delivery, please email Transportation@frhsd.com or call 732-431-8368.
The FRHSD prioritizes the health of our students and staff. Please know that we are following recommendations from the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH), the New Jersey Department of Education, and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The NJDOH recommends following these steps to prevent the transmission of respiratory infections:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or into your sleeve, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds, especially after coughing or sneezing. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home if you’re sick, especially with a fever.
- Avoid people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.